Northern Training Opportunity
Gabriel Dumont Institute
The Lac La Ronge Indian Band
Are partnering to deliver a 4 year fully accredited
Bachelor of Education Degree
- GDI has been working with the Province’s Universities for the past 40 years to train over 1200 Indigenous teachers whose credentials are recognized across Canada. To address the Teacher shortage in Northern Saskatchewan, GDI and the Lac La Ronge Indian Band are proud to announce they are partnering to deliver a Northern Saskatchewan Indigenous Teachers Education Program.
- Do you want to enroll in a 4 year fully accredited Teacher Training Program with an emphasis on Northern Indigenous Culture, language, with land-based instruction?
- Do you want a Program that emphasizes community where you and your classmates study together for 4 years through personalized face-to-face instruction and on-site support?
- Location: Lac La Ronge First Nation (Air Ronge)
- Start Date: September
- Tuition, books and income support may be available to all qualified Métis and First Nations applicants. First Nations applicants will obtain funding through their band.
Assistance with Housing will be available
How to Apply:
- Interested Métis students should contact Michael Relland at firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: 306-764-1818
- Interested Members of Lac La Ronge Indian Band should contact
Morris Cook- Program Head NSITEP
- An Information Session for Potential students will be held in mid-June.