Northern Training Opportunity – Gabriel Dumont Institute and The Lac La Ronge Indian Band are partnering to deliver a 4-year fully accredited
NORTHERN INDIGENOUS TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM (NITEP)
Bachelor of Education Degree
GDI has been working with the Province’s Universities for the past 40 years to train over 1200 Indigenous teachers whose credentials are recognized across Canada. To address the Teacher shortage in Northern Saskatchewan, GDI and the Lac La Ronge Indian Band are proud to announce they are partnering to deliver a Northern Indigenous Teacher Education Program.
- Location: Lac La Ronge Indian Band (Air Ronge)
- Start Date: September, 2019
- Tuition, books and income support may be available to all qualified Métis and First Nations applicants. First Nations applicants can apply to obtain funding through their band. Housing may be available upon application.
How to Apply
- Interested Métis students should contact Michael Relland at firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: 306-764-1818
- Interested Members of Lac La Ronge Indian Band should contact Tammy Robinson at Tammy.Robinson@llribedu.ca – Phone: 306-425-7969
- An Information Session for Potential students will be held in mid-June. Interested applicants can apply through regular university entrance or mature admissions if they are 21